Welcome to the Burlington School District Student Support Services!
Our goal is to help every child succeed. Student Support Services focuses on academic outcomes, aspirations for our students, parent/community engagement, and regulatory compliance. We provide our students with stability and continuity, new opportunities for inclusion, and higher-quality programs that are aligned with our district goals of equity for all students. In collaboration with all Burlington District schools, PreK – 12, we strive to provide equitable opportunities to engage in high-quality instruction in the least restrictive environment, empowering each student to grow according to their ability.
Extended School Year Exploration at the airport 2018
Student Support Services Main Number| Tel: 802-864-8456
- Director of Student Support Services: Special Education/504 Administrator – Laura Nugent, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact for special education, 504, nursing, substance abuse, Discrete Trial Instruction, and other support issues PreK – 12.
- Special Education Compliance Coordinators: Erika Saunders, email@example.com and Sarah Gould, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact for concerns related to IEP compliance.
- Special Education Out of District Liaison: Case Manager for Independent Schools – Sally Martin, email@example.com. Contact for questions related to students in independent school placements due to special education team determinations.
- Administrative Assistant/Homelessness Liaison: Parent and staff contact – Wilhelmenia Kirk, firstname.lastname@example.org. Administrative Assistant to Dir. Student Support Services and contact for questions related to Homelessness in Burlington School District.
- Administrative Assistant/Special Education Student Transportation: Parent and staff contact– Laurie Burrington, email@example.com. Administrative Assistant to Dir. Student Support Services and contact for questions related to transportation of students with disabilities in Burlington School District.
- Medicaid Clerk, Anne Marie Dresser, firstname.lastname@example.org. Medicaid Compliance and Education Reimbursement Office
Please join us for a monthly Student Support Services Parent Connection meeting to be held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 4:30 – 5:30 PM. Join the Zoom meeting on your computer or join us via phone at: +1 253-215-8782
US Dept of Education: IDEA – Information about the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
Vermont Agency of Education Website – The Agency of Education of Vermont website. This is a good resource for forms, processes and contacts specific to Vermont education needs for all students.
Notice of Procedural Safeguards – English – Information for families about special education rules
Notice of Procedural Safeguards – Translated – Translated information for families about special education rules in 13 languages
Vermont Special Education Rules – The unannotated special education rules for Vermont
Private School Parent Rights Notification – Responsibility of the Burlington School District for the provision of special education services to students enrolled in private schools
Homelessness Referral Form: Form for parents, guardians or teachers to refer students who are homeless for assistance in remaining in school.
Burlington School District Special Services Procedure Manual: Procedural Manual for Speical Education
Special Education Paraeducator Handbook: Handbook for special education paraeducators
Please visit our Staff Portal if you are a staff member in need of staff forms, procedures, or other information for this department.