Achievements of our School District
District Highlights for 2018-2019 School Year (See Year in Review for more!)
- Edmunds Elementary School recognized for the forth year in a row as a VT PBiS Exemplar School by the State of Vermont, where “sustained implementation has had positive effects on learners’ academic and behavioral performance.”
- Expanded Learning Opportunities served over 1,600 students with a more than 99% parent satisfaction rate.
- Sustainability Academy and Champlain Elementary schools hosted Reading to End Racism, bringing in dozens of community members to read to children K-5 on multiculturalism and anti-racism.
- We have increased our Early Learning Partner sites to include 47 total sites.BTC Programming and Web Development created a web-based app elementary and secondary school students could access from their mobile phones to listen to translations of survey questions in seven languages.
- Burlington School Food Project provided more than 60 families with hunger relief packages over 4 district vacations.
- HMS Drug and alcohol abuse prevention efforts highlighted on WCAX.
- BSD expanded our Chinese Cultural Exchange Program and formed a partnership with the French Embassy to explore dual language immersion. Both initiatives offer great experiences and support global learning.
- Thanks to BHS parent volunteer organization Seahorse Pride, BHS became the first High School in VT to install a Mamava suite.
- BTC the first technical center in VT to offer a retail product. “Vermont Mud Brownies” can now be found at Healthy Living and Natural Provisions.
- C.P. Smith Elementary School named 2019 Champions of the Chittenden County Solid Waste District Recycle Rally.