Superintendent Yaw Obeng is entering his fifth year at the helm of BSD. He has previous leadership experience as a superintendent in Canada and he has trained and presented on student achievement, leadership, community engagement, safe and inclusive schools, and equity issues throughout North America, Europe and parts of Asia.
He demonstrates a strong commitment to both the development of community assets and social justice through the engagement of students, parents, and staff and he seeks out opportunities to collaborate with community and business organizations on innovative initiatives.
Most importantly, Superintendent Obeng takes great pride in empowering students and staff to reach their highest potential.
- All students can, and will, learn in an equitable and inclusive environment
- I believe in setting high expectations with innovative resource utilization to eliminate achievement gaps
- All students are entitled to highly effective engaging instructional strategies and staff
- Staff learning and capacity building in necessary for increased student success
- Transparency and openness serve as the basis for communication
- Engaged parents, caregivers, and supportive community serve as a cornerstone for the education of our students
- Effective resource management aligned with student achievement results in high performing organizations