Welcome to Parent University! Fall/Winter 2022-2023 registration is now open
Parent University Sessions
Welcome to Parent University! Burlington School District (BSD)’s Parent University is excited to announce that we will be continuing our sessions during the 2022-2023 school year. Feel free to register for classes, under the register button on our website. Please contact Denise Torrey if you are interested or have any questions at (802) 488-5090 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be hosting a variety of different classes, online and in person. New session offerings will continue to be added. Check back often. Here is our current schedule of classes and workshops:
- Hybrid class offered In-person at Burlington Technical Center and remote via Google Meets.
Fridays: English Class with Miriam, 4:30-6:00 PM
- Remote class using Google Meets-Arabic Interpreter in attendance
- These classes require proof of vaccination to attend classes. We will not have childcare for these classes. They are open to anyone who is interested in learning the computer, at any level. If parents would like to attend and are available both days, we can place them in one of the classes. If they have a preference between Wednesday or Thursday, please select which day they prefer.
Community Nutrition Series
- In partnership with UVM Extension, this series will be presented in four consecutive sessions, focusing on different topics, starting Tuesday, January 17, 2023 4:00 PM-6:00 PM. Preparing food together will be part of the program. Location TBD
Restorative Practices with Parent University
- Come join a course focused on building community and connections using circle practice. Participants will learn about the processes of Restorative Practices while discussing important topics and practicing English skills. You will even have the opportunity to lead a conversation if you want! Questions please reach out to Mika Moore or Autumn Bangoura. This program is scheduled for Tuesday, February 14, 2023 from 4:00 -5:00 PM using Google Meets.
- This popular workshop is offered in Partnership with the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources/Department of Fish & Wildlife. Equipment will be provided. This workshop will take place May, 2023 (Exact date and location TBD)