Welcome to our resources page. We strive to keep this page updated with current, relevant and useful information. See something outdated? Know of something to add? Have a specific request for help? Please let us know.
Please note, if you’re looking help addressing inequities in the system, please complete an Equity Request Ticket.
Announcement: Please see the memo below from Superintendent Obeng, with support of DEALT, regarding excused absences for religious holidays.
The VTNEA video “I’m From Here” serves as one component of Vermont-NEA’s virtual toolkit, Advancing Racial Equity in Vermont’s Public Schools.
Advancing Racial Equity – Vermont NEA
Read TNTP’s blog post titled, Why Social Justice Should’ve Been at the Heart of My Teaching, But Wasn’t| by Steven LaFemina, December 06, 2016
Here’s Teaching Tolerance’s Critical Practices for Anti-Bias Education. Organized into four sections: Instruction, Classroom Culture, Family and Community Engagement, and Teacher Leadership, this framework provides practical strategies and insight for implementing culturally responsive pedagogy and describes how teachers can bring anti-bias values to life.
Please visit tolerance.org for a variety of classroom resources and webinars.
Brown University: The Education Alliance Knowledge Loom: Culturally Responsive Teaching
Anti-defamation League: Anti-Bias Resources
ASCD Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development: The Framework for Culturally Responsive Teaching
University of Delaware Center for Teaching and Learning: Teaching for Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
Region X Equity Assistance Center: Culturally Responsive Teaching 2016 Guide to Evidence-Based Practices for Teaching all Students Equitably
Email to Staff: May 1, 2019
Hello BSD community,
Black Lives Matter Week of Action resources from Teaching Tolerance at the Southern Poverty Law Center: https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/black-lives-matter-week-of-action
- Champlain Elementary: Love Your Neighbor Sample Lesson Plan
- Countering Islamophobia in High School: https://www.tolerance.org/classroom-resources/tolerance-lessons/countering-islamophobia
- 8 Ways to Support Muslim Students and Push Back Against Islamophobia: https://www.teachforamerica.org/teacherpop/8-ways-support-muslim-students-and-push-back-against-islamophobia
- Islamophobia Through the Eyes of a Middle School Student: http://blog.ed.ted.com/2015/08/06/islamophobia-through-the-eyes-of-a-middle-school-student/
- Teacher Resources for Talking to Students About Islamophobia: http://interfaithcenter.org/teacher-resources-for-talking-with-students-about-islamophobia/
- 7-minute Video: “Teaching ‘Different is okay’ to combat Islamophobia in U.S. Schools” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWM9I6_E8GE